Tuesday, February 18, 2014

When you think things can't get any better...

I'm sure most of you know by now, that I'm expecting a baby boy in May, and I couldn't be any more excited about him; you may have also read in a previous post that I absolutely can not stand his father. 

Now, in my opinion, I think that if a father wants to be included in a child's life after the child is born, he should take the time to actually care about said child when he is developing in the womb. Actually ask how the baby is, how he's growing, if there's been any complications, attend doctors visits/sonograms, etcetera. But according to him, he still cares about his child, but he doesn't know how to actually ask me about him, which if you ask me, is complete bullshit. 

I'm not going to lie. I honestly think I made the biggest mistake ever dating him. I, however, do not regret Preston one bit. A child is a 100% miracle. And I would never say they are a mistake. 

I've been through a lot in the past 10 months. I moved towns, changed jobs, moved in with someone way too fast, got pregnant, and got severely hurt, mentally and emotionally. But with all that has happened, all I can really do is try to move forward, keep my head up, and know that I am a strong woman, with a good head on my shoulders. 

They say that the people that have been hurt the most, are some of the strongest people in the world, and I finally have come to agree with that. It has taken me almost 23 years, but I finally agree, and I think I have finally found someone who is worth my time and effort, and I'm taking things slowly, not wanting to do anything completely stupid. 

It truly does take a million mistakes in the wrong direction to finally stumble and fall in the right direction into something amazing. I seriously can't wait to see how things go. 

--Lola


(Sorry if this is kinda ramblely. It's been a rough day...)

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree that someone who wants to be in the babies life should totally be there during pregnancy! I'm glad things are looking up for you now, though! :)

    ReplyDelete